A family of movie lovers wanted a home theater that rivaled any local, professional cinema, but with the added bonus of luxury seating, nearby wet-bar, and easy operation with a Control4 integration system. Cape Cod Cinematheque uses state-of-the-art acoustical technology to optimize the sound within the space, and to prevent sound from disturbing spaces above. The room was specially built to prevent vibrations, yet hits all the high and low notes.
The theater is exquisitely designed with Cinematech seating that comfortably holds 16 people with two custom chaise lounges in the front row, and five full seats with full armrests and glass tray tables in the second and third rows. The fiber optic ceiling changes colors, scenes (starry night sky) and dims. Additional LED column lighting, step lighting and ceiling downlights create an authentic theater experience.
What you don’t see is just as impressive as what you do see. Behind the beautiful fabric panels are fiberglass panels that combine reflection and absorption characteristics, brilliantly keeping the sound in the room. There is invisible but essential technology built-in throughout. Equipment is easily accessible in a nearby electrical closet.
What sets this theater apart from others, however, is the ease of operation for every family member. Whether using a tablet, smart phone or controller, every setting is at their fingertips. They can watch a movie, play a video game, a sporting event, or just listen to music.
What The Client Said
“AVD has created the most amazing home theatre experience in my ocean-front home, where my family and friends come to enjoy, relax and be entertained! AVD brings in the best materials and high-level personnel, including audio and video technicians who are the best in their respective fields. The system specifications were engineered to include one of the best and well-known audio companies in the business – JBL. Their Synthesis System, incorporating all the latest technologies and formats, are found in the best movie theatres. The video selection, a brand new, state-of-the-art Sony Laser projector, matched the unbelievable sound quality, engulfing everyone in the audience, allowing them to escape reality, even for just a couple of hours! The seating from Cinematech was over-the-top comfortable and elegant.One of the most important aspects to consider, when designing and building such a system, is post-installation service. AVD delivers with prompt responsiveness and an ability to solve any issues that may arise, including specific requests, such as presets to increase center channel volume or subwoofer punch.”
“I most highly recommend AVD to anyone considering adding or upgrading their home automation and entertainment systems. I would use them again and I actually am on another project!!!”
- Builder: Encore Construction
- Architect: Northside Design Associates
- Interior Designer: Barbara Kotzen, Kotzen Interiors
- Photographer: Greg Premru
2017 Gold PRISM Award, BRAGB, Best Use of Smart Home Technology
SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT
- Home Control: Control4
- Whole House A/V: Control4 Distributed Audio
- AV Distribution: Control4 Audio Matrix
- Screen: 149” Stewart FilmScreen UltraMatte
- Speakers: JBL Synthesis speakers (Dolby Atmos configuration): surround sound, front channel, subwoofers and surround height (9.4.6 configuration)
- Projector: Sony VPL-VW5000ES
- Processors: JBL Synthesis Processor and Active Crossover;
- Amplifiers: JBL Synthesis SDA-4600
- Seating: Cinematech
- Soundproofing: Cinematech ARS system; Kinetics Noise Control ISW Isolation hangers
- Components: JBL Synthesis Master ARCOS calibration, Apple TV, Roku Ultra, Microsoft Xbox One X, Kaleidescape Strato 4K Movie System