The goal for this film-loving family was to create a home theater experience that could rival the real deal. The result? A thoughtful, high-tech space that brings a grand feel to a state-of-the-art lounge. Custom designed to minimize vibrations, the room features comfy Cinematech seating for 16, top-notch video equipment, outstanding audio features, and variable lighting. A comprehensive Control4 system efficiently manages all these components with remote capabilities.
Video is the critical foundation of a good home theater, and this setup starts with an advanced Sony laser projector paired with a massive, 149” Stewart ultra-matte projection screen. Lighting elements include a fiber optic, color change ceiling, down lighting, LED column lighting, and step illumination to mimic the ambiance of a theater setting.
The JBL Synthesis system (processor, amps, speakers, etc.) brings cinema-quality surround sound into this oceanfront home. With a Dolby Atmos configuration, the setup offers unparalleled options to create presets and adjust volume, balance, and more. Fiberglass panels are hidden behind decorative wall fabric to enhance acoustics while minimizing sound transfer to adjacent rooms.
Toggling between movies, sports, and gaming is simple with the intuitive Control4 system. This product offers access to a range of equipment and streaming services via a controller, smartphone, or tablet
With thoughtful design, and state-of-the-art equipment, features, and controls, this family enjoys a commercial theater experience in the comfort of their home.
What The Client Said
“AVD has created the most amazing home theatre experience in my ocean-front home, where my family and friends come to enjoy, relax and be entertained! AVD brings in the best materials and high-level personnel, including audio and video technicians who are the best in their respective fields. The system specifications were engineered to include one of the best and well-known audio companies in the business – JBL. Their Synthesis System, incorporating all the latest technologies and formats, are found in the best movie theatres. The video selection, a brand new, state-of-the-art Sony Laser projector, matched the unbelievable sound quality, engulfing everyone in the audience, allowing them to escape reality, even for just a couple of hours! The seating from Cinematech was over-the-top comfortable and elegant.One of the most important aspects to consider, when designing and building such a system, is post-installation service. AVD delivers with prompt responsiveness and an ability to solve any issues that may arise, including specific requests, such as presets to increase center channel volume or subwoofer punch.”
“I most highly recommend AVD to anyone considering adding or upgrading their home automation and entertainment systems. I would use them again and I actually am on another project!!!”
- Builder: Encore Construction
- Architect: Northside Design Associates
- Interior Designer: Barbara Kotzen, Kotzen Interiors
- Photographer: Greg Premru
2017 Gold PRISM Award, BRAGB, Best Use of Smart Home Technology
SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT
- Home Control: Control4
- Whole House A/V: Control4 Distributed Audio
- AV Distribution: Control4 Audio Matrix
- Screen: 149” Stewart FilmScreen UltraMatte
- Speakers: JBL Synthesis speakers (Dolby Atmos configuration): surround sound, front channel, subwoofers and surround height (9.4.6 configuration)
- Projector: Sony VPL-VW5000ES
- Processors: JBL Synthesis Processor and Active Crossover;
- Amplifiers: JBL Synthesis SDA-4600
- Seating: Cinematech
- Soundproofing: Cinematech ARS system; Kinetics Noise Control ISW Isolation hangers
- Components: JBL Synthesis Master ARCOS calibration, Apple TV, Roku Ultra, Microsoft Xbox One X, Kaleidescape Strato 4K Movie System