A jet-setting family with several properties needed a functional home base with a built-in system of connected electronics. An all-inclusive Creston system turned their five-story brownstone in Boston’s Back Bay into an automated dream house.
Reliable Remote Monitoring and Management
Simple remote management was a top priority, and the use of a comprehensive Creston control interface allowed for easy, on-site monitoring and management of a diverse range of electronic components, including:
- and more
With an intelligent control system designed for use through on-site touchpads and mobile devices, the family enjoys remote controls that span multiple properties.
Thoughtful Environmental Controls
Automated environmental controls set the stage for advanced, programmed shading of the entire residence, whether the family is present or away. Scheduled shading, which can be based on time of day or season, helps control interior heat gain/loss for optimal energy efficiency while also preventing UV fading on interior surfaces.
Comprehensive Management for Ample Electronics
With five stories from the wine cellar to the rooftop lounge, this brownstone features scores of electronics, including:
- 7 video zones
- 20 music zones
- 1 media room
- 150 lighting zones
- 18 HVAC/radiant heating zones
- and more
The smart home integration process included a comprehensive yet intuitive interface designed to monitor and manage AV systems, lighting (with presets for ambiance and activities), shading, HVAC, alarms, entryways and garage doors, communications, and more.
With an all-inclusive system of connectivity and control, along with remote monitoring and management for multiple properties, this brownstone is transformed into an innovative living space for a busy, modern family.
- Builder: F.H. Perry Builders
- Architect: Payne Collins Design, Inc.
- Interior Design: Slifer Designs, Edwards, CO
- Kitchen Design: Venegas and Company
- Photographer: Jared Kuzia
Systems & Equipment
- Home Control: Crestron TSW-1050 Wall panels, Crestron TST-600 Docking Station, Crestron POE gateway for TST panel
- TVs: Samsung
- Audio Streaming: Sonos
- Speakers: Leon, Sonance, Totem
- Amplifiers: Anthem
- Lighting Control: Lutron HomeWorks
- Shade Control: Lutron QS
- Networking: PakEdge
- Telephone/Intercom: Panasonic
- Surveillance: Holovision; ICRealtime
- Components: Apple TV, Opus Blu-Ray player, Sony Blu-Ray player